Secure your online transactions
Nothing can be compared with the convenience of shopping online, even if sometimes our credit card data are at risk from malicious hackers. Below you can find some basic security tips to keep your online information and transactions secure.
1) Secure your computer Be sure you have the latest version of all your applications and software installed on your computer. This will help prevent hackers from breaking your system.
2) Keep file records Print or save every receipt from your online transactions, so that you can compare your credit card’s account transactions for any suspicious purchase.
3) Check security marks in websites Check for signs or icons that indicate that a site is reliable, before you give your financial data.
4) Know the price Make sure you know and understand the real cost of an object, including transportation, taxes etc.
5) Read the Security Policy Each online shop offers Security Policy about safe transactions. Read the rules.
6) Do not disclose everything about yourself Some information, like name and address are necessary for an online merchant, but do not submit unnecessary information such as social security number, what income you have, etc.
7) Do not believe phishing e-mails and links Identity thieves are specialized to create phishing messages, which trick users so as to update the details of their bank accounts, credit card or other related online services.